At First Christian Church of Homosassa Springs, we welcome all to become a part of a great fellowship of Christian Churches throughout the world. We differ from Denominationalism because we have not denominated ourselves to any manmade creed or document. We simply follow Christ.
We have called ourselves the “First Christian Church” because it is our desire to “model” the first Christian church revealed in the New Testament, especially as recorded in the book of Acts. To this end we have striven to restore the church as revealed in the Scriptures without a denominational name, creed or any other barrier for unity. The plea of our hearts has been “in faith unity, in opinion liberty; in all things, love." We have taken the name “Christian”, we do not claim to be the only Christians, just Christians only.
• That Jesus Christ is the one and only Son of God who died for our sins and arose from the dead. ~ John 3:16, I Corinthians 15:1-8
• That the Holy Bible is the inspired word of God. It is sufficient for every person to know God, be right with God and to have a life that is pleasing to God. ~ II Timothy 3:16, I Peter 2:2-3
• That every person has worth as a creation of God, but that all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. ~ Romans 3:23, 6:23
• That forgiveness of sins and the promise of eternal life are available to all who trust Christ as Savior and Lord. ~ John 1:12lRomans 5:1/John 3:16
• That those accepting Christ should confess their faith repent of sin and be baptized (immersed) into Him. ~ Romans 10:9, Acts 2:38, Mark 16:15-16, Galatians 3:26-27, I Peter 3:21, Romans 6:3-4, Acts 22:16
• That the church is the body of Christ on earth, is empowered by the Holy Spirit, and exists to save the lost and edify the saved. ~ Ephesians 4:1-16
• That Jesus Christ will one day return as King of Kings and Lord of Lords, to judge the living and the dead. Those who have received Christ will enjoy eternal life in heaven and those who rejected-Christ will receive eternal punishment in hell. ~ I Thessalonians 4:13-18, I John 3:1-2, I John 5:11-12, II Thessalonians 1 :8-9